Tuesday 29 October 2013

“LISTENERS ARE LIKING ALL THE SONGS” - ASLAM KEYI

India’s first war comedy film WAR CHHOD NA YAAR, is released on 11th October 2013. It’s music and background scored by debutant music director Aslam Keyi. He was born in Telicherry, Kerala in the royal Muslim family of Keyi. Before his birth his father died. His grandmother brought him up and she was his first music teacher. But music has no place in a Muslim family. So, he got little support from his family. When he went to school, then he could start his music lessons with his sister Zajala and Philip sir. Later he learnt Hindustani classical from Ustaad Javed Usmani of Bhopal. Also he schooled under O.P. Nayyarji. He visited Dubai, London and from everywhere there was something that he learned. Since his childhood he was fond of music. Now it is his profession and still he is learning. He told  Shaami M. Irfan  about his musical journey, 

“In my school days, I made a musical rock band named Slick-N-Toxic with my friends and we were appreciated. And very soon started classical music band AZ-1000 with his friend Zohail Owaid. They become popular. Our desire was to cut a music album and we made a music album titled SYMPHONY IN A MAJOR and for this I collected funds through my band. For marketing purpose first time I came to Mumbai and I stayed in my uncle’s house in Chembur. My uncle was a music lover. He had many friends in the music circles. I met O.P. Nayyar sab through my uncle’s friend Talaton Manhood. I was already a mad fan of O.P. Nayyar sab and I visited him very often. The album did not sell but on hearing the music, O.P. Nayyar sab made me his son and he blessed me. This was a big opportunity for me. I was bolstered enough and I decided to make my career in music only. I went to Dubai, settled in a studio called Global Music Centre and formed the Dubai Station musical band. I went to London and lived there for one and a half years. There I worked with Bryan Evans and Twiston. Bryan Evans is a record  producer for Craig David, George Michael and many hit  Band and Events, I was assistant with him. One day O.P. Nayyar sab said, ‘If you want to do something in Bollywood, you should be staying here.’ And then I have started to work here permanently.”
“I took 6-7 years to reach here. First I joined Pritamji and Ismail Darbarji. And then I joined Sanjay Chaudharyji. Sanjay is son of legend music director Salil Chaudhary and he is a genius in background score and can handle any genre of music with utmost ease and working with him is a joyous experience. I have scored the background music of more than 20 films with him. In between I have recorded music for advertisements, slogan, jingles and also music albums. Also I scored background music for 2-3 films but now WAR CHHOD NA YAAR is my first film where all songs are composed by me and the background score is also done by me.” Also he added “Faraz Haider is an ad-maker. We have done more than 15 ad films together. I know that he is a very intelligent and fast-thinking person. When he decided to make this film, he approached me for the music. I have composed all nine songs but only five songs have been put into use.”

“For me, all the songs are very good. I used a different rhythm pattern in Jai Jawan. When you listen, you will find Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi, South Indian and other patterns all mixed into its music and the song is very melodious. Listeners are liking all the songs. It is a great reward for me. I hope the audience will like my work in the film and film will be a success at the box office.” He said.

No comments:

Post a Comment